. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Get answers to frequently asked questions regarding the Hydrapulse
1. How is the Hydrapulse smart pump so much more efficient than standard hydraulic systems?
The Hydrapulse pumps are more efficient than traditional Hydraulic systems for 2 main reasons. One being the ability to omit proportional and directional valves for cylinder or motor operation which are the main sources of energy lost to heat. The other reason is the power on demand capability. When no flow is needed, no power is being used.
2. What applications are a good fit for the Hydrapulse?
The Hydrapulse is designed from the ground up to be a new approach to traditional hydraulic systems. The Hydrapulse is a great fit for Hydraulic applications with power levels ranging from 1.5kW up to 30kW. Larger systems can utilize multiple Hydrapi to reach needed power levels. There are Hydrapulse models for mobile applications using low voltage 12vdc-48vdc systems, as well as high voltage DC offerings perfect for hybrid and zero emission electric platforms running 200vdc-700vdc. The Hydrapulse is the Hydraulic solution for hybrid and electric heavy equipment. There are Hydrapulse models for industrial applications with power inputs from 208vac-600vac and power output levels from 1.5kW up to 30kW.
3. What are the power requirements of the Hydrapulse?
- Low Voltage Mobile 12v-48v dc for 1.5kW
- High Voltage Mobile 200v-700v DC for 1.5, 2.5, 10, 30kW hybrid or electric vehicle applications
- Industrial 208v-600v 3 phase AC
4. What pumps are specified with the Hydrapulse?
- Standard part 1.5kW:
- Standard part 2.5kW:
- Standard part 10kW:
- Standard part 30kW:
5. What is the max pressure, flow, and rpm of the Hydrapulse?
|Hydrapulse||Max Pressure||Max Flow||Max RPM|
|1.5kW||4,000 psi||4gpm||4,000 rpm|
|2.55kW||4,000 psi||4gpm||4,000 rpm|
|10kW||4,000 psi||4gpm||4,000 rpm|
|30kW||4,000 psi||4gpm||4,000 rpm|
6. How do I interface with the Hydrapulse?
- Mobile: The Hydrapulse uses J1939 CAN communication protocol. It can utilize a Parker IQAN or similar J1939 based interfaces
- Industrial: The Hydrapulse uses etherCAT communication protocol.
7. What is needed to run the Hydrapulse?
- Power input in specified range for low voltage mobile, high voltage mobile, and industrial applications. An AC/DC Converter is needed for Industrial 3 phase applications
- HMU Control interface using either CAN J1939 for mobile applications or Ethercat for Industrial applications; touch screen, or joystick controls
- Hydraulic pressure and return lines to hydraulic circuit
- Hydraulic reservoir
8. What is the IP rating of the Hydrapulse?
All Hydrapulse products are IP68 rated for complete dust ingress protection, as well as full submersible operation up to 1 meter.
9. Why is the Hydrapulse so expensive?
The Hydrapulse smart pump product line is a huge step forward in the evolution of electro hydraulics for both efficiency and control. It is designed to be robust and dependable in very rugged environments. The Hydrapulse is not a budget hydraulic solution. However, when factoring in the costs of the integrated components in a Hydrapulse, and the omission of traditional valve banks, manifolds, oil coolers, and extra hoses/fittings, the cost becomes a lot more comparable to traditional systems.
10. I don’t trust electronics in hydraulic systems. How do I know The Hydrapulse electronics wont fail?
We have engineered the Hydrapulse to withstand the most rugged environments and toughest working conditions. This includes selecting durable electronic components, seals, gaskets, and bearings spec’ed for operating in these rugged environments. We have thoroughly tested the Hydrapulse up to and beyond the working range to be extremely confident that it will hold up to the harshest conditions without failure.